Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Class today

Today was a good day for the most part.

I received an extention on a number of sports articles I had to turn in to my editor at the Mid City Lagniappe and found out that I didn't have to edit my three minute short film until at least a week from now, which means my wednesday is now officially free.

Something occured to me today. I wonder if I react too harshly to some people's personal tastes. I really try very hard to be at least benign to other's tastes, but today in my advanced screenwriting class I found myself constantly rolling my eyes at what some people were saying, and it's not like they were saying anything outright douchish. Usually, they were just a making a statment on a film they liked. For instance, the teacher asked us what our favorite scenes were. What were the responses? One person said the end of Saw where

***SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS ***





Jigsaw reveals himself to be the man lying on the floor in the room.

At another time in the class, one of the students said they didn't like any Woody Allen movies? What? It takes a lot of balls to say something like that in a screenwriting class.

Well, like I said, I probably reacted too smugly today, although truly I try not to discount anyone's taste, unless they say they don't like any Woody Allen movies, in which case I do probably discount them.

3 comments:

  1. I've only seen bananas.. I don't see what the big deal is. Explain to me why Woody Allen is a genious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Scoop" and "Matchpoint". I want to see his latest but have yet to. Do my tastes make you roll your eyes and groan?

    ReplyDelete