Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back at UNO

Alright, so officially I've been back at UNO for a couple of weeks now and I haven't blogged about it. Honestly, I don't why.

But this year looks good. I have a very comfortable schedule. My earliest class is at 1:30, not to mention the fact that I have no classes on Wednesday at all. A friend of mine pointed out that it's like having another weekend in the middle of the week. It certainly feels like the weekend considering that I didn't wake up until 3 o'clock today.

Something happened today that annoyed me terribly. One of my classes is called Introduction to Video Writing and in our first assignment we had to email the teacher a journal response to a reading selection. In the reading selection, it stresses how important in media writing to write in the active voice as opposed to the passive voice. In my journal response I pointed that out.

Well... today I looked at my email and saw I had an email from my Video Writing teacher. He told me that my journal entry was fine, except he chastized me for writing in the passive voice in it. Give me a break! First of all, the reading selection emphasized writing in active voice for media writing. I didn't realize that all I writing I turned in to this teacher has to be in active voice. Is this script description, a news story? No. It was a journal entry, and sue me... I wrote in passive voice.

I don't know why that upset as much as it did. It was only an email, but for some reason I was very distressed by it. I know that issue wasn't very entertaining, I'll try to fuck shit up the rest of the semester to mix things up.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, Alex was upset by the teacher. I shudder when I see passive voice...

    Passive voice really does annoy me, though. The years of journalism have beaten it out of me. In an email it shouldn't matter though.

    ReplyDelete